(September 17, 1862.)
Crawford's Brigade advanced from Line's farm at daybreak, on the right of Williams' Division. The 124th Pennsylvania was detached and supported Magilton's Brigade of Meade's Division in its engagement on the north edge of the Cornfield. In its deployment the Brigade moved to the left in support of Ricketts' Division, a part of which it relieved at this point, and occupied the northeast corner of the Cornfield and a part of the East Woods, where it was heavily engaged. Upon the turning of the Confederate flank by Greene's Division, the 125th Pennsylvania advanced across the fields north of the Smoketopwn Road and penetrated the woods around the Dunkard Church. The Brigade supported Sedgwick's Division in its advance and, later in the day, formed in support of the Sixth Corps.