Location: west side of the Hagerstown Pike 250 yards north of the Dunkard Church (Map 1)
Notes: The 10th Virginia Infantry is listed on this tablet, but was not present at Sharpsburg. They were at Martinsburg, Virginia after the Federal garrison departed, and remained there for the duration of the Maryland Campaign.
Source: Antietam Battlefield Board, Antietam Battlefield Board Papers, Washington DC: National Archives and Records Administration, 1891-1898, Entry 707, Record Group 92 (Historical Tablet text by Generals E.A. Carman and H. Heth)