(1818 - 1900)
Home State: Pennsylvania
Branch of Service: Infantry
He was a tailor in New York City andLondon, England before opening his own business in Pine Grove in 1844. From 1849-54 he was a teacher there, and was town clerk 1853-57. He was elected Justice of the Peace in 1854, and County Recorder in 1857. He then moved to Pottsville. He enrolled on 23 September 1861 in Company B, 96th Pennsylvania Infantry, as 2nd Lieutenant. He was promoted to First Lieutenant on 27 June 1862.
The rest of the War
He was appointed Captain date from 30 July 1862, and Major on 18 January 1864. He mustered out with his Regiment on 21 October 1864.
After the War
In November 1864 he began work as the office manager and confidential agent of D.G. Yuengling company, remaining employed there until his death. He was a director of the Shamokin Banking Company, a school director for the borough, and AAG of the Pennsylvania National Guard. He was an active member of the GAR and MOLLUS.
References & notes
11/09/1818; Pine Grove, PA
04/26/1900; Pottsville, PA; burial in Charles Baber Cemetery, Pottsville, PA